Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: SnortCenter Configuration

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 30 May 2003 10:25:12 +0200

Just a quick comment:

I'm hearing of a lot of people happily using SnortCenter.  The problems
I'm encountering are so darn basic, I'm wondering if there's something
fundamentally different or broken about my setup (one possibility for
the tar issue is that nobody considered that SnortCenter might be run on
a non-BSD/non-Linux system, for example), or if, in fact, someone was
just damn sloppy with this latest version of SnortCenter.
These problems were introduced into SnortCenter with the release of
Snort 2.0, and not fixed yet. Seen that the tool has quite some
complexity and the author provides it for free, I'm reluctant to label
it damn sloppy, I'll agree though that it's a headache at the moment.

Cheers!

--
Joerg Weber
Network Security