Snort mailing list archives

Re: SnortCenter Configuration

From: Joerg Weber <j.weber () infos de>
Date: 30 May 2003 09:42:24 +0200

Hi Roy,

I just can't find the mail in the archives right now, but if I'm not
mistaken are the rules on the net for some reason formated in a way that
snortcenter won't read them anymore (I think Stefan mentioned something
about a comment field but I could be wrong).
What I do is cat the rules into one big rulefile and upload that
manually once, then do the updates in little chunks.

Hope that helps,

Joerg

I actually had Snort working well in standalone mode, and I'm trying to
integrate it into SnortCenter (so I'll initially have SnortCenter manage
one agent).  SnortCenter and Agent talk well with each other; I've
uploaded the config file I was using originally, but I'm having a
problem with the rules.  Specifically, if I do admin->import/update
rules->update from internet, I get "No update this time..." which is not
necessarily all that descriptive.  Nothing new? Couldn't find anything
Dunno.

I obviously don't want to hand-enter a whole bunch of different rules.
Any suggestions?

-roy

Joerg Weber
Network Security