Snort mailing list archives

Unable to open rules file: snort.conf error

From: stormshadow <storm-shadow () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:24:28 -0400

I reinstalled mandrake 9.0 today and put snort 2.0 back on.
when I give the following command:
snort -dev -l log -h 192.168.0.0/30 -c snort.conf

it comes back with an error:
"ERROR: unable to open rules file : snort.conf or./snort.conf
Fatal error quitting"

This used to work before without errors. The only thing I did different
installing it this time, was that i installed it as a user (su root).
Last time I installed snort I was root. Would that make a difference?

TIA
storm