Snort mailing list archives

RE: Memory leak in 1.9.0?

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:01:44 -0500

The WinPCap FAQ also seems to indicate that BSODs can occur, and at least w/
my SMP Snort sensor, I've gotten one or two BSODs, esp. when I'm messing
around a lot w/ the Snort config and doing a lot of start/stop/restart of
the Snort process.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any other packet capture drivers under
Win32.  :{  Maybe raw sockets?!

- Christopher