Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort not connecting to MySQL

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:57:42 -0800 (PST)

TCPdump and error messages are your friends.  Throw up
a tcpdump session on the mysql server box and see if
snort is even launching packets at the server.  Unless
you have an error messsage that already establishes
this fact, in which case you need to send that with
the post to get any help.

--- "Michael J. Ayers" <ayersmj () eidogen com> wrote:
I have snort installed and working for the most
part...but the only
thing that is not working is it is not connecting to
the mysql database
to update it.  I have verified that the host running
snort CAN access
the database...it just seems that snort isn't.  I
have quadruple checked
the following and it is correct:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort
password=snort dbname=snort
host=10.0.0.2 port=3306

Can anyone give me a heads up on how to figure out
what is going on here
that it is not connecting or how to turn on mysql
logging?

Thanks.

--
Michael J. Ayers
IT Manager

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential information. Any review,
use, disclosure or
distribution by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient(s)
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient or have any
questions concerning whether or not you  should be
receiving this
disclosure, please contact the sender  by reply and
destroy all copies
of the original message. Thank you.

Signing Certificate
is essential in establishing user confidence by
providing assurance of
authenticity and code integrity. Download our Free
Code Signing guide:

=====