Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort not connecting to MySQL

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:37:21 -0600

Lose the -A fast. Command line options override those in snort.conf.

http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#6.15

Bammkkkk

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:31:51AM -0800, Michael J. Ayers wrote:
I am executing snort with the following command line:

/usr/sbin/snort -A fast -b -l /var/log/snort -d -D -i eth0 -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf

It listens on eth0 but should send reports out via eth1 (snort is
running on the firewall).  The command above outputs nothing but the
following:

Initializing Output Plugins!

Then nothing.  No connections to mysql or anything.  But it is working
just fine.  When I check in /var/log/snort I see exactly what I should
be seeing on the snort box itself.