Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem!!!

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:29:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Paul Schmehl wrote:

Your problem is staring you in the face.

DUPLICATE output keyword.

Search snort.conf for the world "output".  You will find that you have
uncommented more than one output line.  You can only use one output
line.  So decide which one you want to use and comment out the rest.

Actually, this isn't the case.  You can have more than one output line
with no problems.

The issue is that you have the same output plugin defined twice.  If I
test that, I get the same error.  If I have two output plugins listed I
don't.

Check out plugbase.c lines 624-690 (2.0 build 60 CVS).  If another
version:

        grep -in 'duplicate output' <snortdir>/*.c

To find it...

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams