Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem!!!

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:11:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Leonardo Maciel wrote:

As much as started the snort he presents the following error:
ERROR (null) (0) => Duplicate output keyword!

Four steps to resolve this:

#1:  Read this message [0].
#2:  Look at your message(s) and the lack of information.
#3:  Consider that if you want an answer, you need to give us something to
work with.
#4:  Hopefully, write a message that gives more information.

That might seem a bit harsh...  But we can't help you with the lack of
data here.  This would be like saying to a doctor "I hurt."  Then he says
"Ok, what's hurting", then you say "I hurt."  Think of how far that would
get you....

You've already had someone ask you for more information, and yet you
responeded with _EVEN LESS_ information than you did the first time.  Not
very helpful.  Trust me, this is one of the most helpful and clueful lists
you will ever find.  We help quickly and get your issue resolved.  Try and
help us help you...  Please?  It helps keep our bloodpressure down.  :)

  Snort Version and Build #?
  OS Version?
  What are the differences in your snort.conf vs. the original snort.conf?
  What is your command line?

Start with that info, and we'll at least have a fighting chance.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=104230179003344&w=2