Snort mailing list archives

Install document for Snort 1.9.1 on RedHat 8.0

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 13:15:37 -0800

Sent this last night but it did not seem to make it through.

Hello Snorters,
        I have, with the help of friends and some of the people on this
list completed my documentation of installing Snort and ACID on RedHat
8.0. This is a walk through of installing the OS, then installing all
needed components from source.  I have walked through it 3 times in the
last 24 hours and my wife-to-be (God bless her non Linux using soul) has
even completed an install successfully. Not to mention all my friends
that tried it and gave me feedback.  It is attached here and also
available at
http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_acid_rh8.pdf

Hope it helps someone.
--