Snort mailing list archives

Install document for Snort 1.9.1 on RedHat 8.0

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 21:50:03 -0800

Hello Snorters,
        I have, with the help of friends and some of the people on this list
completed my documentation of installing Snort and ACID on RedHat 8.0.
This is a walk through of installing the OS, then installing all needed
components from source.  I have walked through it 3 times in the last 24
hours and my wife to be (God bless her non Linux using soul) has even
completed an install successfully. Not to mention all my friends that
did and gave me feedback.  It is attached here and also available at
http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/snort_acid_rh8.pdf

Hope it helps someone.
--
Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE