Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort+ACID+MySql DB maint problems

From: "Smith, Aron" <AronSmith () users com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:32:27 -0500

Well that's not good, I liked ACID too.  Is Demarc any better at this task?  I'm not a database programmer, but I could
probably eventually figure out the right syntax to delete all the relevant records at the same time, but it would take
hours.

This database is growing pretty fast, to be honest I wouldn't mind a nightly delete function that deletes anything over
30 days old and compacts the database.

Aron Smith - CCNP, MCSE (aronsmith () users com)
Network Services - USERS, Inc. (800) 523-7282