Snort mailing list archives

Re: Writing a rule for Brute force attacks

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:31:07 -0500

I don't think I can write such a rule offhand, however the tagging feature of newer versions of SpamAssassin should in theory let you do things like this.

Since this is a relatively new SA feature, I don't have a lot of experience working with it. I'm more handy with the "classic" types of snort rules, which match a single packet to a pattern.