Snort mailing list archives

Re: Stopping portscanning

From: Alberto Gonzalez <electron () wwjh net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:32:53 -0500 (EST)

spp_portscan2 doesn't have a tcp reset feature (IIRC). Though snort comes
with rules to identify NMAP stealth scans, etc.. You might want to try and
use flexresp with those rules. Though you're warned. My recommendations
still stand. Though using a firewall for this might IMHO fair alot better.

Cheers!
   Alberto Gonzalez