Snort mailing list archives

Re: Stopping portscanning

From: Max Lopez <mlopez () itesm mx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 12:36:56 -0600

Thanks a lot Alberto:

I will think about this a little before we start to use the reset with those
rules for NMAP and the like.

Thanks.

On Friday 07 March 2003 12:32 pm, Alberto Gonzalez wrote:
spp_portscan2 doesn't have a tcp reset feature (IIRC). Though snort comes
with rules to identify NMAP stealth scans, etc.. You might want to try and
use flexresp with those rules. Though you're warned. My recommendations
still stand. Though using a firewall for this might IMHO fair alot better.

Cheers!
   Alberto Gonzalez