Snort mailing list archives

SNORT INstallation :Mysql.sock missing

From: Subir Kumar <subirkumar () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:39:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am installing SNORT on my computer. According to the steps I have installed webmin,apache and also run the setup of
mysql. Now when I run mysql -u root,it exits giving an error "/.../ mysql.sock is missing. On some other solution sites
i checked,tey have suggetsed that at time mysql.sock file maybe under some other name such as mysqld.sock,but I have
checked my computer and there is not .sock file.
If possible please advice,coz I am running short on time for Snort Installation

regards,

Subir Kumar