Snort mailing list archives

Snort Inline Bridge

From: webcatalog () mac com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:31:14 -0600

I wanna use Snort Inline with a Bridge. I will be supporting multiple networks behind the bridge. How do I setup the rc.firewall script to do this.

Here is a snippet from the script:

### Variable for external network
INET_IFACE="eth0"                       # Firewall Public interface

### Variables for internal network
LAN_IFACE="eth1" # Firewall interface on internal network
LAN_IP_RANGE="192.168.0.0/24"           # IP Range of internal network
LAN_BCAST_ADRESS="192.168.0.255" # IP Broadcast range for internal network

my lan ip ranges will be 2 complete separate networks.

ie 172.16.1.0 and 10.0.0.1

Do I need to set the LAN_IP_RANGE can it be space delimited?
If so what about the LAN_BCAST_ADRESS

Robert Minor
http://www.cybermill.com
Development, Hosting, Colocation on a multihomed DS3.

When my brother told me he had found Jesus,
I thought "Yahoo were rich" but it turned out to be something different.