Snort mailing list archives

Re: [greg.morris () sourcefire com: Snort Mitigation and Patch Notification]

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:04:38 -0500

It's unfortunate that some Salespeople to engage in wildly unethical practices. This includes things like inappropriately disclosing confidential terms of contracts and disclosing future pricing adjustments when they are under confidential terms.

This particular kind of unethical behavior does not surprise me in the least. It's really just an extension of the classic "hey, I know I'm not supposed to tell you because it's under NDA, but brand xxxx is increasing the price of their routers next week and I can still arrange to sell you one before they go up in price by a grand."

And well, hey, the guy's already refusing to honor your request to stop contacting you, so he's already a spammer.. so why not add unethical pre-disclosure of confidential information to the mix?