Snort mailing list archives

Re: spp_fnord Alerts Galore

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:55:06 +0000

The deafault sensitivity level of the fnord preprocessor can be adjusted
via a compile define in the fnord processor, MAXNOP

The default values of 128 is very small (thus too sensitive) for
links with lots of compressed binary data such as streaming audio.
Increment this value in multiples of four (I usually use 512)
to increase the length of the possible sled it must find before
going off.

Change it and recompile.
I'll release a new one shortly with this as a preprocessor option
but I'm kinda swamped right now with conference stuff and the
Snort book.

cheers,
--dr

On 25 Feb 2003 08:38:29 -0700