Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems with Snortcenter

From: pro0digy <losty21 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:57:22 -0800 (PST)

I had the same problem. When you push config out to
snort, if should be named as snort.<interface>.conf.

So if your interface is eth0 snortcenter will try to
write config file as snort.eth0.conf ( why it wants to
name like this I don't know )

But for some werid reason file gets written as
snort..conf missing interface name. So you have to
rename it everytime, in-order to make it work.

I wrote a shell script to look for snort..conf and
rename it to snort.eth0.conf. Works like a charm.

Irfan