Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to disable a single Rule for some Hosts?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:58:52 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Christian Brem wrote:

I just got everything running, snort 1.9, mysql, acid and a windows based
policy editor and

... im happy (just in case someone cares :) - and gratulations to
developers - fine work!! (just in case you read this)

1.5 Million served and counting...  ;-)

But I have a problem: I have to leave some rules to be active which generate
false alarms for "trusted" Hosts (on different nets).

Now I want to deactivate specific rules for this hosts? I was reading the
manual - but didn't get the point (if there is one than it makes me really
unhappy that I didn't get it :)

You have a few options:

        *  Pass rules
        *  BPF Filters
        *  Change the Rule

I'd say you'd want to use one of the first two.  In fact, have a look at
this email [0] on the subject.  It may be of some help.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/ignore.txt