Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help

From: Adam Shephard <sfnative33 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:56:03 -0800 (PST)

I ran into the same thing with Snort going to MySQL on
Debian. It had to do with the order of the parameters
in my "output database" line.

I hadoutput database: log, mysql, user=snort password=
dbname=snort_log host=localhost

So I changed it to read

output database: log, mysql, dbname=snort_log
user=snort password= host=localhost

That took care of it. I have found lines that people
have posted that read either way. If you have it one
way, try the other.

HTH

Adam
--- Keith Weinberger <keithw () cybersec-inc com> wrote:
Anyone,

I am trying to get snort 1.9 on RedHat 7.3 to talk
to Oracle 9.0.2.

I can get Snort to talk to MySQL.  However when I
run snort i get a Segmentation Fault after I get the
following line...

database: dbname must also be in tnsnames.ora

I have checked tnsnames.ora and the database is
listed.  I can sqlplus to the oracle database using
the user name and password supplied in the
snort.conf file (I am using the oracle system
account)

Anybody have any idea how to get this to work ?

Thanks,
Keith Weinberger