Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie: Snort on Win2K

From: "David Scott" <davidscott () mtgroup com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:55:16 -0600

I get the same pcap error - don't know why. But my guess on why you aren't
seeing packets is because you aren't listening on the right interface.
Windows lists the NDISWan adapter as one of the available listening
interfaces, and often you won't get anything across it. Use the -W option to
list your available interfaces, then choose the appropriate one at startup
by using the -i parameter.

David Scott
Memphis Technology Associates
http://www.perimeteterdefenses.com