Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question about snortsnarf

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:36:07 -0600

The log files are rotated daily.  But I'm running snortsnarf against the
mysql database.  What I don't understand is the program has run for
hours and never written a single file to the hard drive.  Does it
actually try to put everything in memory before it writes anything out?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/