Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Design questions...

From: "larc" <larc () pandora be>
Date: Tue 29 Oct 2002 16:43:47 +0100

you will incur the wrath of the security gods having a
machine that bypasses the firewall.

Then you can use network taps, I use multi-homed boxes and every sniffing interface is running in stealt mode (no
ip-address) and is connected to it's own tap. So there is no way to bypass the firewall.

Stefan D.
------------------------
 "Randy Bey" <Randy.Bey () rivernorthsys com> wrote:
------------------------
Don't have any good info for you but another consideration regarding
multi-homed box:
If one sensor is outside firewall and another is inside, (a common
scenario), you will incur the wrath of the security gods having a
machine that bypasses the firewall.

Randy Bey
RiverNorth Systems
7300 W 147th St Suite 300