Snort mailing list archives

RE: Design questions...

From: "Jakub Molek" <j.molek () finplus pl>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:43:51 +0100

Hi,
IMHO a standard P4 computer with 512 kB RAM and fast ATA disks will be
sufficient. Now I use box like that with 5 intel 100TX nics to snorting
on 5 local subnets with logging to local mysql database (I have usually
less then 15k alerts per day).
And usefull hint from me, keep Your database clean, so often drop not
realy dangerous logs (daily).

Kuba Molek