Snort mailing list archives

Hardware config

From: "Wim van den Berge" <wim () sisd net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:45:31 -0600

Hello,

I'm moving from test bed to implementation and I want to make sure I
have my hardware configured big enough. I will monitor three networks
that between the three of them push about 40Mb/s. I'm looking for
recommendations for processor (single/dual, speed), memory, and drive
size for both of the following:

Sensor box. It will use the built in Ethernet for its connection to the
ACID/Apache/MySQL box. It will have 2 Intel PRO/100 S Dual port adapters
on the 3 sniffed networks.

ACID/Apache/MySQL box. It will use the built in Ethernet for its
connection to the Snort Sensor box and a second Ethernet for apache to
sit on.

Thanks,

           Wim