Snort mailing list archives

RE: Portscan2 filtering suggestions - Snort 1.9.0 & acid

From: "Beckett, Josh" <JBeckett () enviance com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:47:30 -0700

Just to clarify, I do have $HOME_NET and $IGNORE_PORTSCAN defined
properly, and the alerts are sourced on port 80 of the web server and
reply to the appropriate ephemeral ports on my home net.

Basically a scan alert triggering only on the web server's reply to my
user's outbound request, but not an alert on the original request nor
the multiple ports opening with the destination of the server's port 80.

I home that makes it more clear.

J-