Snort mailing list archives

Re: Newbie questions, Snort on NT, stealth mode vs react/flexresp

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:41:26 +0000

On October 9, 2002 08:23 pm, Dave Thornburgh wrote:
John -

Thanks for the file.  In the extracted folder I've got (the NT version),
there is absolutely NO documentation.

Everyone else:

While John did get me the M to RTF, it is extremely sparse, and doesn't
begin to address the interaction of flexresp with stealth sniffing.  Is
anybody out there using it yet?  Or, from another angle, does anybody know
if it's possible to transmit packets from an interface that has no IP
address assigned?

Interesting question. If you are using a tap it's not possible AFAIK
Prolbably depends on specific investigation of the "stealth" tap tho.

Check the FAQ. Download the source tarball with docs.

cheers,
--dr

--
dr () kyx net   pgp: http://dragos.com/kyxpgp