Snort mailing list archives

Re: Setting up sensor on another machine

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:00:50 -0800 (PST)

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/configure_options.html

If you use the source just tell it to install without
the server.  I'm not using OpenBSD on any machines
right now, but I'm willing to bet that the port has
that option too (could be wrong, worth checking).

--- "Edward W. Ray" <ewray_home () mmicman com> wrote:
I already have ACID and mySQL server running on a
machine with two snort
sensors I would like to configure snort with mysql
support on another
machine to log to this machine.  Need a copy of
mySQL-client for
OpenBSD.  Anybody know where I can grab this?

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html
appears to only list
client version in RPM format.

Regards,