Snort mailing list archives

Re: Database do not grow up..

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:42:21 -0800 (PST)

I don't know how you're checking the database size,
but on a small network doing a "df -whatever" won't
help much because mysql may only grow at 10k/day (I've
done that).

Regarding Acid, if I understand correctly you open up
your browser and don't see the database?  If this is
correct it may be the default path that Apache calls
home.

Just a couple ideas.

--- Thierry <lenaig () wanadoo fr> wrote:
Hi all,
I try to use Acid b22/snort 1.8.7/Php4/Mysql 3.23.49
on
OpenBSD 3.2, stupid idea...but i love openbsd...;-)
Snort 1.8.7 is working, i can see the logs growing
up,
but when i run Acid,nothing appear,speaking about
alert.
Something is strange too, my snort database is not
growing...(7 recording-24,1Ko).
I check the permission of user, seems to be ok.
Usualy, snort/acid are working very well...i really
do
not understand what happen.So i have one question,
why
snort do not write to the base ??
How can check it ?
Thanks for you help.