Snort mailing list archives

Rule update with snortcenter

From: snorter () gmx net
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:07:55 +0100 (MET)

I've a problem to update my Snortrules with the Snortcenter function
"Update from Internet".
After Snortcenter installation the download of default snortrules was
successfull and everthing works fine. I'm using snort rules from Oct 31.
Now I want to update the rules, but the message "No update this time ..."
appears.
This is in my config.php:
$snortrules_url =
"http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/snortrules-stable.tar.gz";;

Why Snortcenter doesn't recognize that there are rules more up to date
on www.snort.org?

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Michael