Snort mailing list archives

RE: FreeBSD or NetBSD for a sensor

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:02:47 -0700 (PDT)

Agreed.  I prefer Free, but that's mainly because
that's what I know the best.  The differences between
BSDs is much less than the difference between a BSD
and a Linux, and I'd stand by any BSD.

--- "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
wrote:
Personal preference, really.  I haven't done any
metrics, but I can say with some degree of certainty
that the difference between any *BSD is sure to be
negligible.  OpenBSD is probably the crowd favorite,
mainly because it's easy to strip down and secure as
hell with minimal tinkering.  Speed might be a
debatable topic, if we were talking *BSD vs. [Insert
MS Crap Operating System Here], but since we're
not...

Why not try 'em all and see what you like?  It won't
cost you anything!