Snort mailing list archives

RE: FreeBSD or NetBSD for a sensor

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:25:30 -0400

Personal preference, really.  I haven't done any metrics, but I can say with some degree of certainty that the
difference between any *BSD is sure to be negligible.  OpenBSD is probably the crowd favorite, mainly because it's easy
to strip down and secure as hell with minimal tinkering.  Speed might be a debatable topic, if we were talking *BSD vs.
[Insert MS Crap Operating System Here], but since we're not...

Why not try 'em all and see what you like?  It won't cost you anything!