Snort mailing list archives

RE: re: instant snort sigs for new vulnerabilites

From: "Hicks, John" <JHicks () JUSTICE GC CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:28:57 -0400

My solution is to 'manage' my rulesets via ActiveWorx IDS Policy Manager
from my normal Win32 desktop. I would never trust an auto-update in a
production environment.

IDS Policy Manager has great features including auto-updates and merging. It
even allows you to securely upload via SCP. Adding a simple dumby-file to
the upload can be used to script a restart of a node.

John