Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID - acknowledgement of events ?

From: "Hicks, John" <JHicks () JUSTICE GC CA>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:59:03 -0400

<!-- snip -->
Do you archive already seen interesting events and
perform correlations in archive ?
<!-- snip -->

Thats exactly how I manage mine. Investigate, Email (if required), move to
Archive for correlation.

This is an area where I would like to see alot of developemt happen. In
perticular, even though ACID has native support for an archive, there's no
real way to view it. I end up creating a copy of ACID in /acid/archive and
changing the default db to snort_archive. Better integration might also
provide a way to check if an IP causing an new alert is listed in the
archive.

some thoughts,

John Hicks