Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.8.7

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:48:40 -0400

Florin Andrei <florin () sgi com> writes:

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:13, Chris Green wrote:
The snort.org release time is proud to annouce that Snort 1.8.7 is
finally available.  The main purpose of this release is a stable
target with many fragroute and tcp connection oriented fixes.  This is
also the last release of the 1.8.7 line and signals the start of the
beta cycle for the 1.9 branch.

Can you add a ChangeLog link to www.snort.org, please? I guess it should
be placed somewhere in the Docs page.
Also, the URL of the on-line ChangeLog is a nice thing to include in
these announcements. ;-)

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/snort/snort/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD&only_with_tag=SNORT_1_8&content-type=text/plain

We'll see what we can do about putting that online with each
version.

ChangeLogs are good! :-D

They are.  Thats why I started making us keep them with every change
we made save for the signatures ( which perhaps should have their own
change log )
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
A watched process never cores.