Snort mailing list archives

Snort 1.8.7

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:13:16 -0400

The snort.org release time is proud to annouce that Snort 1.8.7 is
finally available.  The main purpose of this release is a stable
target with many fragroute and tcp connection oriented fixes.  This is
also the last release of the 1.8.7 line and signals the start of the
beta cycle for the 1.9 branch.

Please note that there are now new options in stream4 and frag2 and to
update your config files accordingly.

This release includes many many fixes from many contributors on both
signatures and source code.

Thanks to ( in no particular order ) Phil Wood, Andreas Östling,
Andrew Baker, Dragos, Marty, Sourcefire, Erek Adams, Judy Novak, Ryan
Russel, everyone that submits well researched bug reports,
snort-users, every one who works on signatures and everyone that we're
forgetting.

There are a few changes due to popular demand this time around.  The
Windows installer now does not install winpcap. This is so it's easier
to trouble shoot windows.  It just does a barebones install to
c:\snort. If you need pcap, you can obtain it at
http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm or in the contrib section
of www.snort.org

We are also now signing the binaries with the following key.

Now that I've sufficiently bored the majority of the crowd, here are
the binaries that you have been waiting for.  For the digital
signature, append .asc to the filename.

Source:
     http://www.snort.org/dl/snort-1.8.7.tar.gz

Windows Binaries:
      http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/snort-1.8.7-win32.exe

Redhat Linux 7.3 RPMS

http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-1.8.7-1snort.src.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-bloat-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-mysql-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-plain+flexresp-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-postgresql-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-postgresql+flexresp-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-snmp-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/RPMS/snort-snmp+flexresp-1.8.7-1snort.i386.rpm

Solaris 8 Package:

http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/snort-1.8.7-solaris-2.8.gz

OpenBSD 3.1 Package:

http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/snort-1.8.7-openbsd-3.1.tgz

FYI, this mail is signed with my personal key since it's my email
client.  I'm sure someone would mail me about that... :-)