Snort mailing list archives

RE: installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

From: "Randy Bey" <Randy.Bey () rivernorthsys com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:54:56 -0600

At first the plotting didn't work for me either.  I read through the
once again and saw that "register_globals" had to be on in the php.ini
file (something I should have remembered from when I read it the first
time, before I started the project).  This setting is off by default.
If this isn't on, ACID appears to work, but many things are broken,
such as the 'next' buttons when looking through a list of packet logs,
the page buttons, the back button, etc.  It also turns out that the
plot
functionality needs this too.  Once this was on, plotting worked.

I must have missed this in the FAQ, thanks for pointing it out!

I had noticed that my 'back' buttons were no more than text, no actual
function to them, NOW they work, yahoo!

And I graph now too, albeit dunno if it's right or wrong.

Once again Jim, you are a Life Saver (cherry flavored!)