Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert question???

From: "Joe Giles" <jgiles () joeman1 com>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 16:35:54 -0000

Actually, I have been getting this too. I think its a bug. If you look at the packet data, there is probobly a work in
there that starts or ends with VIRGIN. Like, for exampe VIRGINIA. LOL... I just dissabled the PORN section and use
another app for that :)...

Hope this helps..

Joe Giles

Hello,
   I was going through snort logs and i see lot of "PRON virgin" alerts.
Source (NN.NN.NN.NN) is the ip address of a hosted web server at our site.
Destination is comming from different location as shown below.

#764-(5-7743)        PORN virgin        2002-08-13 10:39:09
NN.NN.NN.NN:80        66.56.130.252:4920        TCP

We are seeing lot of "PRON Virgin" alerts shown for all ip address (source)
where we have hosted website. We have couple of website hosted and we are
getting above alerts for all of them. Is this a attack??? Please let me
know.

Thanks

Joe Giles
jgiles () joeman1 com