Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort ver 1.8.7

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:54:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote:

Thanks Erek for the reply,

Actually this box and another 8 of them are already running Snort 1.8.4
without any problems for quite a while now. If 1.8.4 is running on this box
I would think the path should be okay and other version should run too
without any problems, unless the way the code for the other version is been
changed...! If I was installing Snort for the first time on this box then
yep what u mentioned could a possibility but I'm running Snort since 1.8.1
on this box...! Well I can say that is I'm puzzled here.

Ok, I've just gotten a clean Sol8 box up in the lab.  Lemme poke there on it
and I'll see what I can turn up.  I've got a few errands to run, but I'll be
on it later tonight--The wife's not home, so I can stay up late.  ;-)

Okay as for the error this been generated while I'm running make install and
the box is a sparc that runs Sol8 with latest patches and configured with
the following options and compiling under user root.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

I'm not sure if this was the kind of info u needed it.

One thing that would be _very_ helpful is to see the last 10-20 lines above
the error.  That will give us an idea of where it's 'breaking'.

Thanks!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy