Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort ver 1.8.7

From: "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:59:21 +0800

Thanks Erek for the reply,

Actually this box and another 8 of them are already running Snort 1.8.4
without any problems for quite a while now. If 1.8.4 is running on this box
I would think the path should be okay and other version should run too
without any problems, unless the way the code for the other version is been
changed...! If I was installing Snort for the first time on this box then
yep what u mentioned could a possibility but I'm running Snort since 1.8.1
on this box...! Well I can say that is I'm puzzled here.

Okay as for the error this been generated while I'm running make install and
the box is a sparc that runs Sol8 with latest patches and configured with
the following options and compiling under user root.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

I'm not sure if this was the kind of info u needed it.

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian
PGP kEY
6604 2A46 E64F BEBF A4B7  9D01 9E08 399C 9D45 3254