Snort mailing list archives

Re: Flexresp problem

From: "Tudor Panaitescu" <tpanaitescu () colorcon com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:46:47 -0400

libnet-1.0.2a-1snort is actually the rpm package for libnet. It is configured
with --with-pf_packet=yes, nothing different from the normal compile. I also
tried to recompile snort with libpcap-0.7.1 - the same behavior.

The latest: recompiled from scratch and installed in this order: libpcap-0.7.1,
libnet-1.0.2a, snort-1.8.6, snort-plain+flexresp-1.8.6. The same behavior. I
tried also to enable debugging but it generates about 2 GB snort.debug file only
when snort starts - filled up my /tmp fs - is it any way of configuring debug to
dump only alert related messages ?

Conclusion: snort-1.8.6 resets connections if a rule is matched even if the rule
doesn't say anything about any resp.

The Nets are configured like this: var HOME_NET [a.b.c.d/e,f.g.h.i/j ...], var
EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET, var HTTP_SERVERS $HOME_NET etc.

Any other thoughts folks ?

Thanks,
Tudor

Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net> on 04/20/2002 03:03:46 PM