Snort mailing list archives

Re: acid on RH7.2

From: "Nate S." <n8 () wickedwisdom com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:05:17 -0700

Mine works fine on RH 7.2.  I never had to modify adodb.inc.php.  The only
things I changed were acid_conf.php and php.ini, but I'm new and still dumb
with unixoids, so I didn't bother with variables, I just gave absolute path
names ($DBlib_path = "/var/www/html/adodb";).

the lines i fixed in php.ini were:

mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

the installation instructions at the ACID home page are awesome.  if you
haven't read them, I'd highly recommend it.  like I said, I know very little
unix, but what I read there made ACID installation a cakewalk. (
http://www.cert.org/kb/acid/ )

Nate