Snort mailing list archives

RE: Preventing Attacks

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:15:40 -0400

Please specify you OS, as well as your sensor placement relative to the target host and any firewalls.

It would also help to specify what type of help you seek.  Do you want signature explanations?  Do you want to know if
your hosts were compromised?  Do you want information on hardening your hosts?  Do you want to know how to reconfigure
your firewall so that Snort doesn't get so much of this crap fired across her bow?

Most of those were off-topic, but you get the point...

Cheers

Keith