Snort mailing list archives

RE: Running 2 instances of snort

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:44:02 -0700

Archer,

You could do this by running the second instance from a script, but why
do you want to run 2 instances of Snort? You have 2 cards, why don't you
run Snort in promiscuous mode on one interface and use the other
interface for management console. That's what I do.

If you really want to do this, here is a link to some documentation on
our site that tells how to do this. Let me say that this documentation
is outdated, but should give you an idea of how to do what you want to
do.

http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/winsnortisa.htm

Michael Steele | System Engineer / System Administrator
mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
http://www.silicondefense.com