Snort mailing list archives

mysql schema & multiple snort versions & sensors

From: "Phil Lyons" <plyons () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:12:35 -0600

Hi,

I have multiple snort sensors. They are running 1.8.1. Now I would like to add 1.8.3 snort on the next group of sensors.

Is the mysql DB schema backward compatible?

Or am I best off migrating all sensors to one release of snort, and synchronizing with the mysql version? (I believe Erek recommended rdist for such snort distributions ).

Also, is it recommended to keep the OS hosting these sensors on the same release as well? Currently I have Red Hat 7.0, moving to 7.2

Apologies in advance if the schema question has been asked before - I haven't been able to find it in my deja searches. And as this environment grows, I am searching for better ways to manage it.

Thanks,
Phil Lyons