Snort mailing list archives

RE: Red Hat or Mandrake?

From: "Abe L. Getchell" <abegetchell () home com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:37:09 -0500

Hi Joe!

I've had good results with Red Hat Linux 7.1 and 7.2, can't speak for
Mandrake.  When going with a... um... 'full' distribution like Red
Hat's, it takes some time to trim away the excess fat, but you'll wind
up with a fast and reliable sensor.

Red Hat's paid support is good as well, which is important to some
clients.

Thanks,
Abe

--