Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort and ACID (multiple sensors)

From: "Keith Ramsey" <keith () team inter net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:16:30 -0500

Set up a secure tunnel via SSH forwarding:

ssh -2 -N -f -L 3306:www.xxx.yyy.zzz:3306 snort () www xxx yyy zzz
<mailto:snort () www xxx yyy zzz>   where www.xxx.yyy.zzz is the IP of the
box with the MySQL snort database (also must have a ssh daemon running)

then you have to change your snort.conf output line to something like:

output database: alert, mysql, dbname=snort user=snort host=127.0.0.1
port=3306 password=password sensor_name=snort1 detail=full encoding=hex

Keith Ramsey
Sr Network Security Engineer
Inter.net Global Ltd.
(703)-456-3936

---

Out the NIC, down the cat5, thru the switch, across the router, over the
T1... Nothing but net!