Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort and ACID (multiple sensors)

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:11:15 -0800

Rohit,

You will need to have snort log to one centralized database, then use
Acid to read from that one database.

Change the output database line in snort.conf to reflect the location of
your ONE database and change the user name. Then add that user to MySQL
with the approperate permissions. Make sure you have a secure path for
the remote sensor to connect to the MySQL database.

- Michael