Snort mailing list archives

Re: Running snort on a colo server.

From: Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland org>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 19:55:02 +0100

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 11:39, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
I want to run snort on a remote server at the opposite end of the country,
and I'm just considering the best way to get the info from that sensor into
the local (mysql) db.

What are peoples thoughts on the best way to do this?

I can do it directly as I have with the local sensor downstairs, but should I
be encrypting the connection somehow?
It'd be nice if you can encrypt the connection somehow. through a vpn
for example or by ssh port forwading of sorts. I have also seen some ppl
setup a remote mysql db & duplicate the contents nightly/weekly on the
local db.

HTH
--
/Saad --  [bsdguy () docisland org]